Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day Treat

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

Do you remember when you were a kid and Valentine's Day used to mean red construction paper hearts and lace doily cut outs? And little heart shaped candies that said "I Love You" and "Be Mine?" Do you remember the fun you had exchanging handmade cards and giggling over the messages written on those candies?

DIY Gold Foil Heart Box by one of our favorite DIY Bloggers Tell Love Chocolate

For the mommies out there who are reliving this tradition with your little ones, I hope it brings a smile to your face as you walk down memory lane and experience your little one's excitement. That is, of course, if it's possible amidst the chaos of the all the cupcakes to be baked, plastic candy bags to be filled and tied, and little valentines to be addressed and signed. Hang in there, the memories are worth it! Thankfully, because Valentine's Day fell on a Saturday this year, all that craziness is hopefully over and today can be a day of love, at a relaxed pace.

This was Jay helping me make Valentine's Day cupcakes for his class 

Speaking of relaxing, since the start of the new year, I've been learning about ways to be more productive so I can get more done in less time and with less effort. Who out there doesn't want that, right? Well, the most  amazing part of what I'm learning is that to be more productive and focused, you actually have to learn to truly relax. And not just relax, but deeply rejuvenate.

Samantha Silk Kimomo Robe by Girl With Serious DreamLavendar Eye Pillows by Gardenmis
Body Mist Layer Kit by Nature Your Body
Deeply rejuvenating in the sense of increasing the numbers of hours of high quality sleep, taking (or forcing) regular breaks completely away from work and totally unplugged, and creating and following through on a self-care ritual that includes hours of deep relaxation weekly. Like taking a soothing bath or getting a massage for a couple hours.

Organic Rose Leaf Bath Salts by Garden ApathecaryAmber Vanilla Body Butter handmade by Sweet Cheeks Natural
Organic Lavender Candle by Olive Branch OrganicsFrench Green Clay Mud Mask by Garden Apothecary



The idea of relaxing to be more productive is so counter-intuitive that it's hard to get my head around it. It almost sounds too good to be true!  And I often feel like I need to deserve a relaxation break like that. How about you? But I'm personally tired (literally and figuratively) of running around and being busy all day and then at the end, feeling like I got nothing productive done. So I'm giving this relaxation thing a try. Starting today. It's my little Valentine's Day gift to myself.

Rose Leaf Bath Tea by Garden Apathecary





















































To help me enter into a self-care ritual that includes deep relaxation, I did some searching on Etsy (my favorite place to find handmade goodies by mommies like myself!) I went in search for some simple and natural products that would entice me to stick to my new ritual. And I found these beautiful products made by women who seemed to already share my concerns for health, wellness and relaxation. Each one made lovingly by hand in their homes. I also found a few yummy indulgences that make for a very special Valentine's Day treat.

Coconut Chocolate Truffles by Talk About Sweet
So I invite you on this Valentine's Day, to breathe. Relax. Perhaps run a warm bath using some of your favorite bath salts and breathe in the healing scent of your favorite essential oils. Then close your eyes and enjoy a moment of complete relaxation. Think of 5 things you're grateful for and then totally enjoy immerse yourself in the love that makes up your life. Then repeat. Do this for the next two hours. I too will be trying this out today.


Mommies, if you have to do this after the little ones have all gone to bed, then I completely get it. Just remember to give yourself this time. Relax, rejuvenate and remember to appreciate and love yourself.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Warmly,
Rebecca


P.S. Let me know if this relaxation time becomes a ritual for you, and how it impacts your productivity. I'll be working toward my goals right alongside you and will share my progress in the upcoming posts!





No comments:

Post a Comment